Also, today Anna, Laura and I listened to the guy from Ames farm give a talk. He says now is a great time for young people to be getting into agriculture. So our plan is to get some land in upstate New York, pick a product to grow/make, have a bed-and-breakfast/agro-tourism. Initially we are thinking about goat products, primarily cheese but maybe butter and ice cream; the pro to this arrangement is that goats are great and funny but the con is that you can't leave goats alone and go on vacation. Maybe we can have interns.
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Chickens and More
Anna and I met the chickens the other day. Soon we will be doing chicken chores and learning how to process (grade/candle) eggs. Also, we can raise chicks from the eggs if we want because there are roosters in the flock (one of them is really great and looks like David Bowie. I can't remember the breed name but he looks ridiculous.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment